Business Registration Service (BRS) is mandated to oversee the operations of the Companies Registry, Movable Property Security Rights Registry (Collateral Registry), Insolvency (Official Receivers) Registry and the Hire Purchase Registry.
Notwithstanding the generality of the mandate stated above the Service;
- Carries out all registrations required under the BRS Act;
- Maintains registers, data and records on registrations carried out by the Service;
- Implements relevant policies and guidelines and provide the Attorney General with the necessary information to guide the formulation of policy and amendment of existing policy and guidelines;
- carries out research and disseminate research findings in the fields covered by the relevant laws through seminars, workshops, publications or other means and to recommend to the Government any improvements in the relevant laws;
- Collaborates with other state agencies for the effective discharge of its functions;
- Charges fees for any service performed by the Service; and
- Performs such other functions as may be necessary under the BRS Act.